Local Vendor Spotlight: Neptune’s Harvest
Neptune’s Harvest (a division of Ocean Crest Seafoods, Inc., established in Gloucester in 1965), was started in 1986 an as endeavor to utilize fresh fish scraps left behind after the filleting process. When a fish is filleted, the process of removing the edible portion of the fish leaves behind 70% of the actual fish! Years ago, the scraps left behind were brought out to sea and dumped back into the ocean.
Ocean Crest Seafoods, Inc. and Neptune’s Harvest, along with the state of Massachusetts and local universities, developed a process in which they changed an environmental hazard into an environmental benefit. After years of trial and error, and refining their products, Neptune’s Harvest produces the finest organic liquid fish fertilizers available today. They are derived from the mineral rich Atlantic Ocean–nature’s perfect source for the nutrients plants and soil need.
A few reasons why Neptune’s Harvest is a favorite local product of ours:
- Locally owned, family-run business in Gloucester, MA
- 100% organic and eco-friendly–won’t burn plants or roots and does not pollute the environment
- They use a unique cold process that protects vitamins, minerals, macro and micro nutrients, amino acids, etc–leaving them readily available for your plants
- Neptune’s Harvest builds sugars in plants, which makes them healthier and less susceptible to fungus, disease, and insect damage
- Their liquid fertilizer has an indefinite shelf life, until water is added
- When using it, vegetables, fruit, and herbs taste better; flowers have more vivid colors and blooms are more plentiful and longer lasting
- Excellent deer repellant too